Sunday 28 April 2013

Our Autumn Years

When I was looking for something to paint a little while ago, I took out my phone and browsed the pictures on there. Sometimes you see, when I'm taking Missy for a walk, I see something that makes me think - that'll make a painting!

This particular  photo was taken on one of our walks and it was a door in a wall that backed onto a green. The door led, who knows where?

But, I thought, that'll make an interesting painting.
So here it is:

Our Autumn Years

saunders waterford 140 rough
11" x 8"

I hope you enjoyed seeing it :)

13 comments:

  1. indeed it did, doors and walls always make you wonder what treasures they hide :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this painting of your mysterious door.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful painting with wonderful autumn colors...makes you curious to look behind that door :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Pat especially as it is one of your memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. a great way to get inspiration for a painting and this is lovely. I imagine a beautiful garden on the other side.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reminds me of “Secret Garden’. Sets your imagination running wild wondering what’s through that lovely wooden door……:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some of the best subjects are around us and we fail to notice them. This door is so interesting and beautifully captured.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, Pat, it's an interesting painting with a good story and the perfect title!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice! There is something very intriguing about a garden gate.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Doors and windows always attract my attention. Interesting painting, Pat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Pat - I did enjoy seeing it. Looks like a lovely place to take a walk.

    ReplyDelete
  12. very inviting ... i also find lots of inspiration from walking our dog .

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts with Thumbnails