Tuesday 8 November 2016

Brotherly Love, Fife Art Exhibition, Elite Framing, Keiko Mukaide and Simon Ward .

A little over a month ago, I entered one of my paintings into the Fife Art Exhibition.
That painting was Brotherly Love






It was expertly framed by Elite Framing


I didn't win a prize in the judging - but because I'd entered, I had the opportunity to partake in some workshops, gratis. These were paid for by the sponsor, Shell.

The first workshop I attended was on with the renowned glass artist Keiko Mukaide.
Under her tuition, I produced these two pieces.

The first is a leaf shape, within which is contained the blueprint of the adult tree. The second shows a leaf shape changing with the seasons - to show us nature is not frightened of change - and nor should we be.

The second workshop was with the acclaimed ceramicist, Simon Ward.
In this workshop we learned how to create a design and transfer it to china.
I did this on a mug, using the words "Come Home" and showing one prodigal koi returning to his friends.



These works too are now in the exhibition, which has another week to run.
If you are visiting Fife within the next week, pop into the Lochgelly Centre - and you will see a stupendous exhibition with much talent on display.



My painting was created on St Cuthbert's Mill Saunders Waterford Paper, using W&N paint.

10 comments:

  1. Nice job on the glass and ceramics! I love the lions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are having a grand 'artsy' time in your new location! Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am indeed, Robin!It feels very creative and artsy here.

      Delete
  3. Looks like a lot of fun!
    The glass pieces are interesting. Lovely painting. I'm glad you entered the show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun and was so lovely to see folk admiring my painting.

      Delete
  4. I love the glass art, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Judy. The glass art was fun to do.

      Delete
  5. Dear Pat in my book this is a winner. I just love it. There is such a sweetness in this work. On another note your leaves and cups are great as well. Such fun to learn something different. Have a great weekend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deborah, I'm glad you love the painting so much. It was very popular with the visitors. The extra workshops were a surprise bonus and I thoroughly enjoyed them.

      Delete


Related Posts with Thumbnails