Sunday 17 August 2014

A new look for my painting room

I decided to remodel my summerhouse, where I paint and write.

Out came the white emulsion paint - and the transformation began.

The theme is Beach...


I painted this little fellow as a fun addition... using Derwent Line Painters


 and a little puffin on a baby canvas
 


the easel & painting corner
 


the writing & drawing corner
 

the thinking & reading corner
 


and a little fun picture.... Paddy pretending to be a neck warmer! 
 

So now, I'm all ready for the painting season to start in earnest in September.
Look forward to seeing you again then.


15 comments:

  1. I aspire to a room like this, one day, when the children no longer trash every room in the house! Gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love your little special areas. What a lovely space to work in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Pat, really lovely. Please take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed seeing your lovely art space Pat. Great seagull. Hope all is good with you these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful place to live and work! Can you come decorate my studio and home some time? I had to look up the Derwent line painters, as I've never heard of them. They look like fun! The seagull is beautiful, and I have a very special place in my heart for shore birds, because I grew up with them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the new look, Pat! Paddy is a sweetheart and a very cute neck warmer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very special place...I adore Derwent pencils! I see you have got a very nice "neck warmer"! Arianna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your studio is beautiful, lots of charm with a nice flow. The neck warmer photograph is fantastic. I thought Paddy was a cat at first.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Pat - it has been a while since I visited. Love your studio and that Beach theme is just perfect. Especially enjoyed seeing your neck warmer. Now I am going to catch up on some of your previous posts. Take care and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to see again too, Pat! What a great studio with all those corners!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely artist space if ever there was one! I now have studio envy Pat. What a great spot you've created for yourself. Looks like something out of a magazine. There will be many fine paintings emerging soon i am sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great way to get those creative juices flowing!

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts with Thumbnails