Tuesday 18 July 2017

The Old Stone Bridge, St Andrews

St Andrew's is a short drive from where we now live - and one of the most famous things that happens there, in the sporting world is - Golf.
I myself am not interested in golf, but I like a good walk. On a Sunday, no golfers play this particular course and everyone is free to walk around.
This old stone bridge is quite famous amongst the golfing fraternity (the Swilcan Bridge) but I liked it as a nice focal point for a painting.

I hope you do too


The Old Stone Bridge
Painted on St Cuthbert's Mill Saunders Waterford paper. Size 15"x11"

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely scene. Painting paradise, so wasted on golfers ( but don't tell them) lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like it Pat...love how you captured the background in such a soft way - really brings out the gorgeous bridge. Hope you are having a delightful day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice they let you walk around the grounds! Lovely painting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pat, I think it's so cool that you can walk the course. Someday... Very nice stone bridge!

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts with Thumbnails