Tuesday, 18 July 2017

The Old Stone Bridge, St Andrews

St Andrew's is a short drive from where we now live - and one of the most famous things that happens there, in the sporting world is - Golf.
I myself am not interested in golf, but I like a good walk. On a Sunday, no golfers play this particular course and everyone is free to walk around.
This old stone bridge is quite famous amongst the golfing fraternity (the Swilcan Bridge) but I liked it as a nice focal point for a painting.

I hope you do too


The Old Stone Bridge
Painted on St Cuthbert's Mill Saunders Waterford paper. Size 15"x11"

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely scene. Painting paradise, so wasted on golfers ( but don't tell them) lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like it Pat...love how you captured the background in such a soft way - really brings out the gorgeous bridge. Hope you are having a delightful day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice they let you walk around the grounds! Lovely painting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pat, I think it's so cool that you can walk the course. Someday... Very nice stone bridge!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging should be fun, so no word veri here, just moderation.
Whether you comment or view, thank you for visiting.

Related Posts with Thumbnails