Sunday, 30 June 2013

The end of the June Challenge

Today is the last day of the June Challenge - and I've done it!
A painting a day every day in June.

Here are the last seven paintings.

We'll start with this beauty

In the Wildflower Field

then Glass 1

with this one, I painted the glass and used some gentle washes in the background

Glass 2

with this one, I painted the paper with a light blue tint, then painted the shadows and shapes around where the glass was. This gave the impression of a glass vase, though I never painted that directly. Hope that makes sense.

Wimbledon

of course, I've been watching the tennis at Wimbledon this year - and this is my little homage to the tradition of strawberries and cream.

Sailing Away






just a seascape from my imagination.. water, reflections, red boat, rugged mountain. I can taste the salt air, mmm !

Breakfast



a freehand set of fish, feeding in a pond

and finally, Splash!

a little flower, in watercolour, with touches of ink.

I hope you've enjoyed the June Challenge paintings - all thirty of them.

I also have some great news. One lady saw my pears and wanted all four.
She's agreed to sponsor a kennel at Battersea Dogs Home as payment.
As you all know, that's where my Missy came from. I couldn't be happier.

If you're wondering what's happening with my novel, there's a new post about it on my other blog HERE

Thanks for bearing with me through this Challenge. I'm going to continue to post once a week, because it gives me more time to come visit you  - and that is important to me. Now I'm going out to enjoy the Sunday sunshine. Tomorrow I'll come visiting. Cheers!



20 comments:

  1. Ottima chiusura del mese di giugno,splendidi lavori e un grande impegno!
    Complimenti Pat!!
    Un abbraccio e buona domenica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Pat,
    Congrats! Each work is so charming!!!
    Best wishes, Sadami

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like a lot the painting "Breakfast", it's very original! Arianna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Pat! One painting a day is hardcore and you did it!

    In the Flower Field makes me smile like a fool, lucky dog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admire your determination and energy to take on such a challenge.
    I'm feeling I might try a July painting a day challenge.

    I'm partial to the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you for completing the 30-day challenge! That is something I couldn't do, even if I prepared 2 months in advance. :)
    I love the flowers in the glass paintings and "splash".
    Kudos to you on the "sale" of your pears, and having the buyer support the Battersea rescue - wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on this challenge, it takes some discipline to do a painting each day....I like them all, but my favourite is Breakfast, with the fish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have so enjoyed following your challenge, so varied too. Well done. I send you a pat on the back

    ReplyDelete
  9. good job on completing the challenge and you got some fabulous paintings out of it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pat congratulations on completing a painting for each day of June. I am so pleased about your pear paintings. I know that this means a lot to you because of Missy. I especially loved your flowers in the glass. Your work is all beautiful. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just LOVE your botanicals! ♥♥♥ Congrats on 30 paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations, Pat, on finishing the June challenge! I love the flowers! And also congrats on the pear paintings, such a good cause for the money!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have been busy! My favourite is 'Glass 1'. Beautiful! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. well done pat ! you must be really pleased..i loved your pear paintings ... glass i and ii my favorite ...made perfect sense glass ii

    ReplyDelete
  15. Been away for some time. Anyway congrats for finishing your June Challenge. And also for your pear paintings. I can see how you love dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Pat

    I seem to have lost my original blog! I have tried to get it back but unable to so have decided to start a new blog with a similar name:

    www.annatstudiohyde.blogspot.com

    Do hope you will follow,
    ann

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pat, well done! I admire you for doing a painting a day for a month. Must try that sometime. Great way to push yourself and i love the results. Especially the little fish! Lovely work Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good job! I just love the dog in the wildflower field.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, Pat! I love all of your paintings, especially In the Wildflower Field. What great news that the lady is going to sponsor a kennel. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Pat:) I enjoyed all of your paintings. All 30!~Your fishes are beautiful. Congrats with finishing the challenge. Good job!xx

    ReplyDelete

Blogging should be fun, so no word veri here, just moderation.
Whether you comment or view, thank you for visiting.

Related Posts with Thumbnails