Friday 18 December 2009

paper makes a big difference

I was experimenting with the Derwent Coloursoft range, though I had no idea which type of paper they should be used on.

I did two quick sketches of my darling girl poking her head out from under the duvet - one on my usual watercolour paper of Arches Aquarelle 140lb rough - and the other on WHSmith pure white cartridge paper 135gsm.

Arches Aquarelle




WHSmith White Cartridge Paper




These were only quick sketches so I could find the paper I was happiest with. (its cartridge) Hopefully my next piece will be more artistic !

2 comments:

  1. An interesting exercise Pat. The turquoise is very vibrant, promises other rich colours in the collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some lovely colours in this box, Beryl.
    I'm enjoying playing with them :)

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts with Thumbnails