Tuesday, 3 November 2009

Bin Training

My little dog can be a bit sensitive around sudden noises. Why, we don't know.
What I do know is she usually hides when the bin men come to visit.
Yesterday we had the delivery of two new bins as our local council gets right into re-cycling; so I took this as an opportunity to teach Missy not to be scared.

As the bins came off the truck and got wheeled to their new homes, I had Missy in a sit and each time she wagged at the delivery men, I gave her a treat. When she acted scared I ignored it, if she broke the sit, I asked her to sit again.

By the time the men delivered to our house, she was wagging like fury - and just as I hoped the Bin Man made an enormous fuss of her.

Bins are nowhere near as scary now. Good girl Missy!

2 comments:

  1. Well done Missy, you're a brave girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She tries her best Beryl.
    She's a lovely dog and I'm glad we adopted her. xx

    ReplyDelete

Blogging should be fun, so no word veri here, just moderation.
Whether you comment or view, thank you for visiting.

Related Posts with Thumbnails