here are the next three stages of A Different Curtain.
I've added the foliage here, behind the figures and have finished the bricks in the wall
In this one I have added the first pale green wash to the figures, made from a mix of ultramarine and transparent yellow. This is a base for the stronger colour to come.
and in this one, I have added the first wash of viridian, which will give the statue a look of aged bronze.
The next picture you see will be the finished painting, because its just a matter now of adding another wash of viridian and touching up the shadows, where they need it. Oh, and deepening the pale red marble on which they sit. :)
Until tomorrow, then...
RNA conference 2018 round -up from Annie Burrows
4 hours ago