I thought I'd have a little fun with it.
So I took two leaves from the garden and impressed them into a wash of new gamboge. When they'd made an impression I dropped a couple of drops of French Ultramarine in the still damp wash and let that do its thing.
In the meantime in the tree I had scrunched up some cling film. When that was dry it left wonderful texture marks. I then laid a wash of burnt sienna. When that was dry, I ran some candle wax over the tree trunk and then laid in another wash of burnt sienna. When that dried I used a dry brush technique with warm sepia - and this is a close up of the end result.
I had such fun making this, laughing to myself as I painted.
I hope its made you smile too :) xx