Tuesday, 16 March 2010

Nellie

Straight after I painted the picture of Letting in the Jungle, I drew and painted a very quick sketch of an elephant kicking up a storm .
Sometimes its very liberating as an artist to draw and paint something in half an hour or so. You have no room to do detailed work - and you have to get a sense of "feeling" into the thing.

I know the elephant in Kipling's story was called Hathi - but my girl is a Nellie, another childhood favourite. She was the subject of a song, and I bet people of a certain age are singing now :
Nellie the elephant packed her trunk
and said goodbye to the circus...

Nellie



5 comments:

  1. Love her, but you are mean making me sing that song!
    Hmm and what certain age are you saying I am??? :d

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't possibly say , Pam :)
    Apart from over 21, that is :lol:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love elephants and that is a lovely painting!

    Many thanks for visiting my blog today :)
    ♥ Rocki

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you Rocki :)
    Funny how we see things, isn't it? To me Nellie is a quick painted sketch.. and yet a lovely painting to you. Vive la difference!

    I liked your blog - a lot! I'll be back :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the effect you've got in the background Pat.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging should be fun, so no word veri here, just moderation.
Whether you comment or view, thank you for visiting.

Related Posts with Thumbnails