Wednesday, 28 July 2010

Lion IV

Working on the lion now, he had a first coat of a very pale yellow and now the parts of his coat which are not in the sun get deepened.
He's beginning to take shape.



and now I have a confession.. there are no more stages to show - I got so involved in painting him that I forgot to take more "stage" pictures.
That's because I wanted to get him just so, because he will be a present to my husband, who loves lions. There's not a lion I paint that leaves this house!
Tomorrow you will see the finished painting.

5 comments:

  1. I think it is wonderful that I don't have to wait anymore!
    Lions are fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do such a great job of explaining your painting stages!
    looking forward to the finished product!
    Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tonya and Sheryl - I'm glad you appreciate the posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing the finished painting Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait until tomorrow. Like your husband, I love lions. I love all animals. This guy is looking great so far!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging should be fun, so no word veri here, just moderation.
Whether you comment or view, thank you for visiting.

Related Posts with Thumbnails