Wednesday 25 February 2015

Dog portraits - and Lottie's Wheelchair Fund.

I have a friend called Lottie Bennett, who is just 26 years old.

She suffers from Klippel Trenaunay Syndrome. 

Klippel Trenaunay Syndrome is a rare condition affecting 1 in every 20,000 to 40,000 people. It affects each sufferer differently. 

For Lottie, it causes chronic and acute pain, mobility difficulties, internal bleeding, thrombosis and chronic fatigue. 

Lottie has to use a wheelchair in everyday life, and she has recently discovered Wheelchair Dance. Being the positive person she is, she has taken part in her normal wheelchair, but will need a dance wheelchair to continue. 
It gives her such joy, that I wanted to help. 

I am offering anyone who wants a dog portrait, the chance to have one painted by me, for £100. 



This is a painting I made for Lottie a few years ago, but you can see more dog paintings on my gallery site.

There are other ways to help Lottie - and if you'd like to help, her wheelchair fund raising site is Lottie's Wheelchair Fund

To order a dog portrait, you need to do that through Lottie's site. 

Thank you for reading.

15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Judy. I hope everyone involved can get that chair bought!

      Delete
  2. DEAR PAT - WONDERFUL PORTRAIT OF A SWEET LOOKING DOG. SUCH A GREAT FRIEND YOU ARE TO HELP HER OUT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a nice thing to do to help out

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great thing for you to do Pat. I'll pop over to Lottie's site to have a look. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John. You're kind to go look xx

      Delete
  5. Dear Pat:) I'm so sorry but I haven't got the money for this. I'm already in some fundrasing and can pay for them all. I'm so sorry for Lottie and hope she has a lot of friends like you. Wonderful! Your dogpainting is beautiful, amazing! Good luck with selling some paintings!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Renate, please don't worry. I know people have many calls on their money. I made this post to raise awareness and to have an easy link for people to read about it. Thanks for the compliment on my dog painting xx

      Delete
  6. Eddy looks very sharp! Best of luck to Lottie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous dog...a hug to your friend! Arianna

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts with Thumbnails