Monday 4 April 2016

Snow Day, a painting of glass and figures.

I love Snow Globes. Shake them all and all the "snow" falls softly around the figurines encased in glass.
At Christmas time I have a few that are specific to the season, which come out solely at that time. This year I took some photographs and decided to paint one.

The one I selected is represented here in "Snow Day"
So called because the little girl isn't at school, but being read to, by her friend, the Snowman.

Snow Day






Painted on Saunders Waterford paper, 140lb Rough. 
I hope you enjoy seeing it.

10 comments:

  1. Dear Pat such a lovely piece. Wouldn't this make a beautiful Christmas card?? Just a thought. Hope your April is off to a fine start. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deborah! This piece has been submitted to my new art club, for consideration to be included in the annual calendar! I am so enjoying life here :-)

      Delete
  2. This is really lovely Pat. Great job done with the glass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura. I enjoyed painting the glass, I find it very calming.

      Delete
  3. What a lovely subject and painted so well! Great that you've found yourself painting friends in your new place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you like the Globe, Judy. It was fun to paint. I love having an art club to go to. There's something about painting in company!

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts with Thumbnails