Sunday 26 July 2009

Village Church



Do I ever work on more than one painting at the same time?
The answer is yes!

Summer school week two was on Friday just gone, so I took something new to draw and paint.
The reason for this is twofold.

Firstly, I didn't want any to accidently knock me whilst painting Wilbur and thereby spoil his good looks. Sometimes we have to share a table and that can happen.

Secondly, I knew what was needed to finish him, so to take advantage of the tutor's expertise, I decided to take a style not painted before.

The local village church is of flint construction.
Never having painted any flint building before, it was somewhat of a challenge - and one I may well need the tutor's help with.

This is it so far, with drawing, sky and background fields complete.
There are partial washes over the two roofs and the walkway through the lych gate.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts with Thumbnails