Tuesday 24 November 2009

Thames riverside walk

Back in the days I worked in accounts at a firm at Blackfriars, London, I used to spend many a happy lunchtime walking down by the river- even on the greyest of days.
My favourite walk was between The Doggetts Coat and Badge up to Westminster Bridge.

Recently, I bought a Geoff Kersey book, London in Watercolour - and there within was a photo of my favourite walk, with my view blighted by the London Eye.

The first painting I had to tackle was my favourite walk, but sorry, Geoff, I have omitted the London Eye, thus may I go back in time to my happy memories every time I look at the finished pic.

Stage 1

2 comments:

  1. At this stage your painting reminds me of 'A Foggy Day in London Town'. An era well before the London Eye!! Looking forward to the next stage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look a bit foggy, doesn't it? Many more grey days than sunny down there, in my youth :)

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts with Thumbnails