Tuesday 6 July 2010

Toska

My latest painting:

Toska



Thanks to Lynne for the use of her photo, which was taken in a wildlife park in the UK.

Because of this Siberian Tiger's surroundings, I named the painting "Toska" - which means a yearning, a melancholy, a homesickness. (My O level Russian, taken some 25 years ago!)

I hope I've caught that feeling in the painting.

(In the wildlife park, he wasn't on a stone altar, he was on a raised wooden platform.
A stone altar suited my painting purpose better.)


More recently, some five years back - I embarked upon a two year City and Guilds course "Creative Watercolour Techniques"
I have used quite a few techniques in this painting, from cling film, to pouring, to blowing paint through a straw!

I enjoyed painting Toska - I hope you've enjoyed looking at him.

9 comments:

  1. Lovely tiger Pat and interesting report to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beryl has left a new comment on your post "Toska":

    Lovely tiger Pat and interesting report to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Beryl!

    and if blogger won't post your comment, I will! :lol:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see the comment posting problem is fixed :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You captured the yearning feeling. There's a sad dignity about him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Teresa xx
    That was exactly the feeling I was hoping to portray.

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts with Thumbnails