Monday 9 July 2012

Carpet Tales and Dog Portrait Auction

We've been busy recently in the Elliott house.. pulling up the carpet prior to having a new floor laid at the end of July.
We started Saturday and finished 4.30am Sunday morning!

Here is the massive pile of rolled up carpet

And here's Missy looking her plaintive best, letting us know its her carpet :)

But tough luck, puppy-o, it was taken away this evening, off to a new home.
When we get the new pet friendly flooring laid, we'll take some more pics.


And now, the Dog Portrait Auction. 

You all know how much I love my dog and how I like to see a rescue dog get a new chance at life. Well, there's a dog rescue here in the UK called South East Dog Rescue. They are a small rescue and hoping to fund the building of some new kennels. To this end, I have offered to paint a portrait of the winning bidder's dog.

The auction can be found HERE 


If you'd like to bid, the money is going to a cause close to my heart - the welfare of abandoned and homeless dogs.
Thank you.

11 comments:

  1. Wow Pat - what a job - it will be nice though when it is done. Love your painting from your previous post. The milk churn really evokes a nostalgia. Take care and God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So that's what you were doing, Pat, I missed you this Monday morning! I hope the auction will bring lots of money!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We put in a new floor over a year ago and I don't miss the carpet one bit. I want to get rid of the rest of the carpet in my house now :)
    What a generous offer you made for the auction. Sounds like a very worthy cause

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Debbie - it was a job and a half! Glad you liked my milk churn :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy, I was exhausted afterwards. It didn't look that much when we started :)
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the dogs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ann, this is the first carpet we've had, it was here when we moved in - and I'm so pleased its going.

    I like to help in any way I can, sometimes I don't have stacks of spare cash, but I can always paint to help the dogs :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope Missy likes the new floor as much as that carpet!

    Good luck on the auction. So nice of you to contribute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful idea for a fundraiser! Kudos! I hope you raise a boatload of $$!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mucho trabajo Pat :) Deseo que todo vaya bien en la subasta, el retrato de Missy es muy bueno. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. "But ... but ... you can't take my carpet away ... snuffle". She really does look unhappy about it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks all, It was a lot of work to get that carpet up - and Missy was very sad to see it go! She had a right old barking session at the man who came to take it away! Thankfully, she'd also made great friends with him first, before he dared lift her precious carpet - so he was fine with her :)

    I'm happy with the auction, so far the bids are at £80 sterling!
    *yippee* for the dogs :)

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts with Thumbnails