Sunday 12 February 2017

Bookmaking and Japanese Stab binding at The Old Printing Works.

On a Saturday workshop at The Old Printing Works, Thornton, I learned the art of Japanese Stab binding for making notebooks/sketchbooks and any other kind of book you'd like to call it!
We also learned how to create a protective hardcover for our book set. The easiest way for me to describe it, is to show you.
Here, from opening to closing, is my very own effort at making these beautiful pieces of art. Artistic, they most definitely are!

The closed book




first flap open


both flaps open with books inside

both flaps open with books removed

the three note books
a close up of the stab binding on each




back in their protective cover

and flaps closing




all snug as a bug!



I hope you've enjoyed this visual tour of my latest piece of art.. a deviation from painting, but oh so useful for me to create sketchbooks!

Thanks to Marion Archibald from The Old Printing Works, Thornton for such a wonderful, creative day.
If you'd like to see their website, go HERE





4 comments:

  1. Ohh I really love them. Well done you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, I like the binding stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I love making books and journals! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for providing recent updates regarding the concern, I look forward to read more. cartes dorure

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts with Thumbnails